We are: Christ’s Church Driven to Serve Through Grace and Truth Towards Shalom
The Presbyterian Church of Portersville believes strongly in the Great Commission — “…to go into all the world and preach the good news.” The good news is that Jesus Christ came, died and rose again. We believe that his death paid the price for our sin so that we may, by God’s grace, through faith, be reconciled to God.
A Brief Statement of Belief
- We believe God’s Word, the Bible, is his infallible, inerrant revelation to us.
- We believe that God’s Word reveals to us the character and purposes of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, one God in three Persons, the Trinity.
- We believe that without the Son, Jesus Christ, as one’s Lord and Savior a person is lost and separated from God.
- We believe that by God’s grace, he has offered Jesus Christ to be the substitutionary sacrifice for human sin. When those who are called according to God’s purpose accept this gracious sacrifice through faith, they are filled with God’s Spirit, become adopted children of God, and ambassadors of God’s good news of salvation by grace through faith.
- We believe God has called us to take this good news of salvation to the whole world. As a result, we support missionaries around the world.
- We believe God has called Christians to meet together and worship him as a covenant community. A covenant community is a group of people who are responsible for one another and show concern towards one another in brotherly love, including living a disciplined life of obedience to God as a thanksgiving for his saving love toward us.
- We believe that the call to discipleship involves the study of God’s Word, prayer, praise and witnessing of the good news to those near as well as far.
- We believe in the Second Coming of Christ. We look forward to that time when sickness, pain, suffering and death will be done away with and those who have placed their trust in him will live forever in the new heaven and new earth.